What you should know if you want to work in Canada
▪ Your employer may need to get a labour market opinion (LMO) to hire you. This is a document from the Government of Canada that gives your employer permission to hire a foreign worker.
▪ Some jobs do not need an LMO.
▪ You must meet the requirements to:
▪ enter the country,
▪ stay in Canada and
▪ get a work permit. This means you may also need a visitor visa.
▪ A work permit does not let you live in Canada permanently. To do so, you must qualify under an immigration category as a permanent resident.
▪ Live–in caregivers who meet certain requirements can apply to stay in Canada permanently.
Your spouse or common-law partner and your dependent children may apply to come to Canada with you.