other services

Business people and business visitors are not the same.

Business people come to do business under a free trade agreement.

Business people can enter and work in Canada if they qualify under one of these agreements:

▪   North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)

▪   Other Free Trade Agreements (FTAs)

▪   General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS)

Business visitors

A business visitor is someone who comes to Canada to take part in international business activities without being part of the Canadian labour market. Business visitors usually stay in Canada for a few days or a few weeks but are able to stay for up to six months.

Business visitors

do not

need a work permit.